Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ode to Salinger

      Wow! It's been 9 whole days since this blog went live here on blogger , and already it and it's partners, The 131 Preview Review and  In Dreams... The Solitary Road, have seen a combined total of 417 hits, as of 6:39 AM EST. I thought I would take the opportunity as I smoke to send a HUGE THANK YOU! Out to those who have stopped in. So Here goes...



THANK YOU!!

     Now that I've said it I've probably jinxed it, and my numbers won't move for a month. LOL, Let's hope I'm ever so wrong.


      I have spent a lot of time over the past days networking and reviewing, and reading and typing, and you know what? It's EXHAUSTING!  But I wouldn't trade a moment of it, for all the Coffee in Columbia, and I LOVE me some Coffee!

Bad grammar aside, seriously, I have had the opportunity to read some really great pages for the 131, and had a blast doing the work ups of the questions for the Post Review Interviews. It's nice to seem appreciated for doing something I love. Reading, and Writing. This is a sort of mission for me, to make a dead man's fantasy a reality.

Some time ago, I was perusing the Quotes on Good Reads, and came across this gem:

"What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much though."
J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye:


I saw this and I thought.. YES! That's what I want, that's what I want to do, to be, to feel. I want to be able to connect with my readers and for them to be able to connect with me. 

I am seeing and talking to other authors more than I ever dared think was possible. It is thrilling to live in an age when communication between people thousands of miles apart can happen within seconds. From Blogs to Facebook, to Rage Comics,  everything has a comments section, or a chat these days. 

I think Salinger would be so impressed with this age, and giddy as an eighth grade boy getting his first glimpse of side boob from the hot freshman girl across the street.

But I regress, my point is actually rather selfish. With a whole 417 hits, I've found not a single comment..... That makes me sad. I, like many other authors do love to talk as much as we love to write.

At least I think they do, I know I do. I installed the chat features hoping to incite conversations.... Just sayin'

Until we meet again, Remember dear readers of The Wee Hours, if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books! 
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats.... 
Cheers! And Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining Us! Remember dear reader of the wee hours if you have enjoyed this or anything else you have found here give us a like, a share or leave a comment! We love to hear from you! And by We I mean me and the voices that write the books!
Oh and the cats.... Always the Cats....
Cheers! And Happy Reading!